Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tuna salad sammy {vegan}

So I have a confession to make.

While 98% of the time I eat and enjoy the healthiest of organic and vegan food out there.
What's that other 2%, you ask?
Well mostly chips.
And cookies.
And anything gluteny.

All vegan, of course.  BUT the second Roman is napping or asleep for the night I hit the bag of chips, and most times, finish it.
Not my proudest moment.
And it always make me feel like crap.
I tell myself it's okay because at nap or night I deserve a break and shouldn't have to make an extravagant meal so I can eat healthy. 
And cookies are just grab and go.......
And the chips, too..


So I've been testing out EASY & QUICK, but still healthy recipes that I can throw together quickly.
This one is my favorite!
(One tree hill in the background; no shame)

Ingredients:

1 - 2 avocados 
1 can of garbanzo beans
1 lemon 
Onion
Garlic
Salt, pepper & any other seasonings you'd prefer.

I used about half of a can of chickpeas for just me.

Smash chickpeas until desired consistency. I like them really mashes, and of course I have no sort of masher; but a fork works well!
Mix in lemon juice.  I cut my lemon in half and used that.
Add onions, garlic, and seasonings.
I threw some tomatoes and lettuce and toasted a sprouted bun from my local farm. 
So. Good.
So. Easy.
And i still had time to sit on my ass and do nothing before Roman woke up from his nap. win.



Instagram: 
Hippiehails


No comments:

Post a Comment