Tuesday, November 19, 2013

22months.

Dear Roman,

22 months ago were only a few hours old. You had jet black hair and green blue eyes. You weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and almost 21 inches long.

I'll never, ever forget the moment I first held you.

You came into this world blue, and silent; your umbilical cord had wrapped it's way around your neck 3 times. 
I didn't even know, I reached for you and they just took you away. 
A few minutes later they brought you over to me. 
Your eyes look right into mine for the longest time. I only blinked when the tears welled up into my eyes too much, I couldn't take my eyes away! 
You wrapped your tiny little hand around my finger and I swear for a second it was only me and you in the whole entire world.
That was the best day of my entire life, with every day following coming in second. 
Life with you is overwhelmingly beautiful.

Fast forward to almost 2 years later!
Man, you are SO smart. 
You are so sweet, gentle, tender, timid and shy. 

You are 100% potty trained.

You sign close to 100 words, and talk almost as much.
"Daddy home"
"Mama keys"
"Football"
Are some of your favorites.

We were at the park the other day feeding the ducks and one quacked really loud. You said "bless you ducky"

You love to dance, sing and play air guitar. You love doing yoga with me.

You love everything with wheels.
Garbage trucks, fire trucks, monster trucks, trains, cars and trucks.
And HELMETS!!! You call them "dada"


You love footballs, soccer balls and basketballs.

Anything superhero is your favorite- superman, Spider-Man, ironman, batman! You love them all. 

 
You've never been a fan of sleeping.
You don't quite sleep through the night yet. You like to sleep in my arms and wake up if I'm not next to you.
You usually sleep about 2 hours at a time.

You are still breastfeeding, with no end in sight.

You are such a mamas boy. You always make sure I'm happy. If I'm sad, you hug me and kiss me and pat my back. 

Some of your favorite foods are : garbanzo beans"da balls",broccoli "trees", bananas, pasta & sauce, grapes, lentils, chickpea nuggets, chickpea tortillas, butternut squash, kale chipsand sweet potatos

You love being outside so much!!!!! You could stay out there all day and night. 


We read probably 50 books or more a day. 



You are what I've always wished and dreamed for you.
You're my dream come true and I cherish all my days with you. 


I love you!
Mama

1 comment: